Saturday, August 18, 2007

Family Reunion Activities for today

The Sweet 16s Family Reunion got off to a great start last night! The hotel is worthy of its 5-star rating. It's been great to see you! Please join us for today's activities. I've posted them here, too. There are lots of places to go (click the links), things to do, and time to spend with your friends and family (see the hospitality suite).

Welcome to Saturday's Events


Photo courtesy of Miss Peach.
Saturday August 18, 2007
Breakfast: On your own

11:00 am - 2:30 pm Picnic and beach walk on Alki Beach with view of downtown Seattle. Talk, eat, take pictures, and walk the beach to see tidal pools, sand sculpture, and the Alki Point Lighthouse (open for tours). Watch the ferries enter and exit Elliott Bay as they transport passengers around Puget Sound and out to the San Juan Islands.

3:00 pm - 5:30 pm Walk the plank to take a cruise on the Lady Washington. Tour Puget Sound aboard a faithful reproduction of the tall ship Lady Washington. The Captain politely requests that cats refrain from climbing rigging, unless the cat is willing to sign on for a three week tour of service--which is not recommended as ship staff are not noted for scooping the litter boxes regularly.
OR
3:00 pm - 5:30 pm Visit and tour some of the Northwest Signature Companies:
Starbucks
Costco
Microsoft

Nintendo
Tully's Coffee

Amazon.comWhile the sign reads "Pacific Medical Center", the medical offices occupy only the first floor!
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm Barbecue at Seahurst Park on Puget Sound.
Marilyn Monreow who has, together with Mickey Mantle, written a poem for us. Mickey is unable to be with us this weekend. Marilyn will present their poem this evening.

Afterward, we will eat delicious barbecue, talk, tell stories, build a fire on the beach, roast marshmallows and make s'mores (with moist towelettes to clean sticky fur).

9:30 pm - 1:00 am Travel to Dale Chihuly's Museum of Glass
via a fleet of chartered stretch limousines. Visit the Hot Shop to watch as the artists make practice pieces. A few lucky audience members will take pieces home!
Sample items from the dessert buffet catered by Dilettante--using feline-friendly ingredients of course!


10 comments:

Daisy said...

S'mores! I love marshmallows! Yum. I want to see the Nintendo place, too.

Unknown said...

I am just in time for the cruise. I sure woke up late!

Zoey and the furballs said...

Oh my goodness that's a busy day! We're sooo happy that we got our computer back in time to see what fun you would be up to!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh my gosh get me to the coffee shops fast Starbucks and Tully's i am in heaven now....and chocolates too!? Which one do I bite into first!?

The Cat Realm said...

Ben - I am SOOO enjoying the family reunion! Wonderful things going on, GREAT food! I am afraid Anastasia took off and went to Paris to celebrate Boo's birthday there with zevo calamari - I am afraid she will drink more. I am afraid she will have the grandmother of all hangovers tomorrow! O well.
Karl

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Mom wanted me to ask if any of those activities are planned for HER visit next month?!?

I told her "absolutely NOT! Those activities are for kitties ONLY!"

She's pouting in the bedroom ...
DMM

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah~!!! I love the party~!!! The food and travel are all great!!!!

Please, after the Reunion Activities, please come and join me to my 10th year celebration~!!

Phoebe said...

Wow! What an exciting reunion. Those activities sound great! I hope everycat had a great time.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Good night my sweet brother! You have been such a purrrrfect host so far. I just know Suzanne is so proud of you...so very proud:)
See you in the afternoon:)

family reunion activities said...

Time to tell everyone about this reunion that you’ve spent so much effort on. But remember how family members are – keep reminding them over and over.