thirteen things to love about kittens (or more specifically--our kitten):
1. she's got a round little tummy after every meal
2. her toes spread when a finger is run along a toe pad
3. her tail is long and skinny...and she hasn't yet realized it belongs to her
4. bright eyes...huge bright eyes that see everything...and frequently don't have any clue what it means
5. curiosity: there's a paw under the door and a hissing kitty hiding somewhere. hmmmm. oh! they're attached!
6. speed: eating, drinking, purring, running, skittering, catching fishing toys.
7. jumping ability: our kitten can jump straight up into the air for reasons that neither mom nor i can figure out
8. our kitten has a very big purr. a huge purr in fact. and this is one tiny cat!
9. she lifts her head and shoulders in anticipation of some stroking
10. she's willing to recline on her back with tickles on her tummy
11. she already knows how to bunny kick...and she demonstrates excellent form
12. she hasn't yet realized that if mom has made a lap, the best place to be is in that lap
13. she sleeps in the nursery and i sleep with mom